The Amaretto Sour Recipe – A Classic Cocktail
So the Amaretto Sour is an awesome drink recipe for sure. This one is considered by some to be a classic and in this case I am going to do my best to stay true to a proper way of making it. The Bartenders Black Book says to use Amaretto and Sour Mix, but I think we can do better than that. How about we assemble these ingredients together and get ready to do it right:
- 2 oz Amaretto
- 1 oz Simple Syrup (2:1 Ratio)
- 3/4 oz Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp of Egg White
So the egg white is optional, but it does add a very nice texture to the drink. I highly suggest putting it in there, but keep in mind it’s not required if you’re not into the whole raw egg thing. You can also skip the dry shake if you do choose to omit the egg.
- Pour everything into a mixing glass.
- Give the drink a dry shake for a few seconds.
- Add ice and give it a nice shake to incorporate the ingredients.
- Double Strain over new ice in a rocks glass.
- Garnish with a cherry.
Yum this drink is like liquid candy. Awesome drink and much better than mixing a pre made sour mix with Amaretto.