Resurrection w/ Captain Morgan – Bar Rescue Drink Recipe
So one of the earliest recipes from Bar Rescue is the Resurrection cocktail. This one is popular as it is the premiere drink for Spirits on Bourbon in New Orleans. I’ve had the recipe posted over at Epic Drink Recipes for quite a while and it has been criticized by people saying that my recipe is incorrect.
However after finding some posts by Jon Taffer and rewatching the show I’ve come to the conclusion that I was indeed correct. So lets get all of the ingredients for this cocktail ready.
- 1 1/4 oz Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- 1 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- 3/4 oz Honey Syrup (2:1 Ratio)
- 2 oz Coconut Water
- 1/2 Blue Curacao
- Jalapeno slice for garnish
To make the honey syrup you simply heat up 1 part of water and add in 2 parts honey. The water must be warm or the honey will not properly combine with the water. Very simple and a great way to sweeten mixed drinks as well as teas or coffee.
So now this is for sure the right ingredients and the right amounts. Lets make magic and resurrect this cocktail.
- Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker.
- Shake very well and strain off over new ice.
- Place the Jalapeno slice on top for a nice garnish.
- Enjoy it and acknowledge that I’m right about this recipe.